Old Semesrans' Association of Malaysia
|Old Semesrans' Association of Malaysia (OSEM) provides a platform for graduates of Sekolah Menengah Sains Rembau (SEMESRA) to foster good relationships.|
Follow us on Twitter @oldsemesrans
Follow us on Instagram @oldsemesrans
|The 1st graduating class of 2011, Valedictorian (MMX.MMXI) has conducted countless activities affiliated with the school, even after they left after Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM).
However, the idea upon forming an alumni association which would maintain the ties and bond amongst the former students of SEMESRA only arose in the late 2012. The idea was indeed, proposed through an unofficial confabulation which then was taken seriously after several colloquies.
The first meeting held at University of Nottingham (Semenyih, Selangor) on 25th December 2012, was organized to appoint the protem Executive Committees of the alumni, aside from deliberating new activities to toughen the alumni-SEMESRA relation.
Aside from fostering good relationships among members, OSEM now serves as a platform for graduates of SEMESRA to give back not just to the alma mater, but also to the society and be part of building the nation.
|To promote and foster mutually beneficial interaction between the Alumni and the present students of the SEMESRA and between the Alumni themselves.
1. To support the school’s mission and vision.
2. To assist in any way to promote the education of needy and deserving students.
3. To invest and deal with the funds and moneys of the Association.
4. To institute prizes and awards for outstanding project work, research papers or other professional activity by the students of the school.
5. To encourage the Alumni to take an active and abiding interest in the work and progress of the school so as to contribute towards enhancement of the social utility of their Alma Mater.
6. To establish a single, secure database of all the alumni of the school and members of the association to help people connect with each other.
7. To provide information on latest happenings e.g. exhibitions, products, seminars, etc.